Borrowing designed around you
At Arbuthnot Latham, we offer a relationship-led approach to borrowing. We take the time to get to know you, your situation, and then design a lending solution that is right for you. We have a reputation for flexibility, speed of decision making, and an ability to create simple lending solutions in response to what can sometimes be complex needs.
As a private bank, we can consider your overall earnings to determine affordability. This is especially important if you work in a profession where you have an irregular monthly income.Become a client
How we can help you
- Buying a residential property
- Buying a rental or investment property
- Flexible, revolving credit solutions
- Borrowing against your investments
- Financing for prestige assets
- Mortgage protection
Buying your dream home, a holiday home or a second property? We can help with our relationship-led borrowing service. Our lending team will collaborate with your private banker to create a mortgage that is designed around you and your needs.
- Mortgages from £500,000 or currency equivalent (euro and US dollar)
- Advice provided on the most appropriate repayment strategy, terms and interest rates types
- Terms available up to 15 years
- Loan-to-value up to 60%, based on your individual circumstances
- Sole propriety, joint mortgages available
We only offer advice on our own range of mortgage products.Become a client
When buying property, people have different goals. You may be seeking to diversify your wealth, generate an income, or leverage against an existing property portfolio. Whatever your objective, our real estate professionals will support you every step of the way.
- Mortgages from £500,000 or currency equivalent (euro and US dollar)
- Interest-only and repayment mortgages (subject to loan to value)
- Typically, 5-year committed term
- Fixed and variable rates
- Loan-to-value up to 65%, based on your individual circumstances
- Suitable for properties in your own name or special purpose vehicles
Fluctuations in the exchange rate of the foreign currency may affect your mortgage repayments and/or the value of any assets you hold in a foreign currency.
We only offer advice on our own range of mortgage products.
This type of loan lets you borrow money by using your home or your investment portfolio (held with Arbuthnot Latham) as security. This gives you the flexibility and freedom to draw down and repay funds whenever you choose, providing you do not go over your limit.
This account could be an option if you need to access funds simply and cost-effectively.
- Access to secured and flexible lines of credit
- From £500,000 for property-backed borrowing
- Borrowing amount based on circumstances if borrowing against investments or cash
- Open to international investors
- Freedom to make multiple withdrawals, up to your approved limit
- No charges for early repayment
Investment-backed lending gives you access to funds by borrowing against your Arbuthnot Latham investment portfolio as security.
It is a way to borrow funds efficiently without selling your investments, meaning you can keep your investments in the market.
Find out more about investing with Arbuthnot Latham.
Buying a high value asset outright may not always the best option, as it can tie-up capital that is needed elsewhere. An alternative is to spread the cost of the asset over time – known as asset finance – and it is often used to finance luxury, classic or super cars.
- Hire purchase – This is a way to finance a purchase by paying fixed monthly instalments over a set period of time. Once the final payment is made, you become the owner of the asset. An advantage of this type of finance is that your payments will not increase with bank interest rate rises so you can budget with certainty.
- Finance lease – Finance leasing allows you to rent, and have exclusive use of an asset, provided you follow the agreement and make regular payments. The asset remains the property of the finance company.
- Refinance hire purchase – If you are looking to raise cash from assets you already own, then refinancing could an option for you. With this service, you can raise finance, secured against the value of the asset, and pay this back over an agreed period.
Asset finance services are provided by Renaissance Asset Finance, a subsidiary of Arbuthnot Latham.
Renaissance Asset Finance lending criteria differs from Arbuthnot Latham, allowing you to borrow from £25,000. Renaissance Asset Finance are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales 08885289, Arbuthnot House, 7 Wilson Street EC2M 2SN. Any lending provided will be unregulated.
Knowing your mortgage can be paid, should the unexpected occur, is an important priority for many people. We offer a range of protection solutions to give you and your family peace of mind now, and financial security should the worst happen.
Supporting individuals with irregular income
For some professions earnings can fluctuate month by month and may come from different sources like commissions, dividends, and trust payments. We understand this and offer greater flexibility when assessing your ability to service your borrowing. We can consider your wider wealth and income across several different sources, including income derived in a foreign currency.
Helping international property investors
We are experienced in helping foreign investors finance UK real estate, either directly or through UK structures. With an income and asset base that is often derived and located outside the UK, our teams work with you to ensure that acquisitions are structured tax-efficiently from the outset.
Helping the next generation get on the property ladder
If helping your loved ones on to, and up, the property ladder is important to you, we can also support you with sole propriety, joint-borrower mortgages.
Access to a flexible borrowing facility
With our revolving credit solution, you have the freedom to draw down a loan, repay it and reborrow again whenever you choose, providing you do not exceed your limit.
Becoming a client
Take control of your finances today by completing our enquiry form. Alternatively, you can call us on the number below and one of our team will be more than happy to talk about your future.
Five ways to lock-in a mortgage quickly
Did you know that the most common reason for a mortgage application being delayed is that the supporting documents are not provided promptly?
Private Banking with Arbuthnot Latham
Find out more about the details of our current and historic rates. You'll also find information on reference rates, VISA exchange rates and more. You can discuss any queries you have with your dedicated relationship manager.
However you choose to view your finances, our online facilities adapt to your desktop, tablet or smartphone requirements. Your Online Banking service provides access to your finances wherever you are.
Switching to Arbuthnot Latham couldn't be simpler with the Current Account Switch Service. Find out more with our Switch Service Guide and check if your current bank is part of the Switch Service.