Gambling comes in many forms and in moderation can be enjoyable. However, it can quickly get out of control and cause harm to health, relationships, and finances. If you are worried that gambling may be affecting you or a loved one, we are here to help.

Signs that gambling may be out of control

  • Relationships with families or friends are affected
  • Health problems such as stress and anxiety – gambling preoccupies thoughts
  • Using money designated for other uses to pay for gambling
  • Placing a job or business at risk
  • The need to gamble with more money to get the same feeling of excitement
  • Gambling more to chase losses
  • Unsuccessfully trying to cut back or stop gambling in the past

If any of these signs sound familiar, advice and support is available from banks and other organisations.

How we can help?

If you are worried about gambling, please contact your relationship manager to discuss how we can support you or a loved one.

Alternatively, there are many organisations that can give guidance and support, independently or anonymously.

Help from other organisations

Support and guidance on gambling can also be found via the National Health Service.

Gamcare provides a Self-Assessment Gambling Tool to help determine how much gambling is affecting your life. 

The National Gambling Helpline operated by GamCare provide a free support and advice service to people from England, Scotland and Wales who are affected by gambling. Call on 0808 8020 133.

The GamCare website also has information on blocking software which can be installed and used to block gambling websites.

Registering with GAMSTOP enables you to control your online gambling habits with companies licensed and registered in Great Britain.

By using the Multi Operator Self Exclusion Scheme for betting shops, you can exclude yourself from being able to use betting shops in your area (and other betting shops can be added).  

SENSE (Self-Enrolment National Self-Exclusion) allows you to exclude yourself from licensed land-based casinos in England, Wales and Scotland: 

The Bingo Association self-exclusion scheme enables you to exclude yourself from licensed bingo premises in Great Britain.

For information on how to self-exclude from Adult Gaming Centres (often referred to as arcades), visit Bacta.

Contact Client Support

Please contact us if you cannot find the information you need.

Lost/stolen card or suspected fraud

What to do if your card is lost or stolen, or if you suspect fraud.

Accessibility & Disability Support

Supporting your banking needs, in a way that is best for you.