The best of both worlds
In a fast-paced and dynamic environment, you need a media banking partner that understands your requirements and can adapt to your changing needs. Our media bankers work with owner managed, independent media businesses to deliver the best of both worlds; a highly personalised and responsive face-to-face service, underpinned by all the convenience and ease of modern digital tools.
What makes us different?
You deal with individuals
It might sound unsurprising but when you call us, we answer. And if you email us, we look to respond by the end of the same day. We do not use call centres, voicemails, or automated responses. You and your team have direct access to your dedicated commercial banker and their assistant.
With an average of 10 years working with media clients, each of our media bankers has built an enviable network of expert connections. From specialist lawyers and accountants to insurance brokers and business-to-business connections within the media sector, our network of industry-aligned professionals can help support your business.
A history of looking forward
The Arbuthnot name has been synonymous with banking services since 1833, and we have a proud history of working with individuals, families, and businesses to help them go further. But our success is not simply about longevity, it is based on a track record of delivering innovative banking solutions to our clients and supporting their long-term objectives.
We work with companies across the media sector. From household names to innovative start-ups, our banking services are designed around the unique requirements of media businesses and informed by a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities within the industry.
We work with leading clients across several sectors. Details of our specific banking offering to the television production and the video games and immersive technology sub-sectors are detailed below:
We have extensive experience working with television production companies and a deep understanding of the intricate challenges they face.
We support television production companies in various ways, including:
- Moving quickly to open bank accounts for SPVs for productions, and entering Acknowledgements of Notice of Charge where other funders are involved.
- Opening sub-accounts quickly so that invoices can be issued to broadcasters.
- Bespoke production finance solutions against broadcaster contracts, distribution contracts, and UK tax credits.
- Flexible banking solutions such as online banking, control over account access, Apple Pay and Google Pay enabled cards for multiple employees, and real time account information.
- Working capital overdraft facilities against receivables or other forms of security.
- Visa cards (debit and charge cards) to facilitate production spend with greater control and visibility over spend.
- Foreign exchange services to ensure FX exposure is hedged as far as possible and that spot transactions are completed at competitive rates.
Video games and immersive technology
The video games and immersive technology market has seen rapid growth over the past decade and is now on par with the film and music industries combined. The UK is Europe’s leading centre for video games development, and one of the largest gaming markets in the world.
As the industry continues to boom, video game and immersive technology firms – many of which are SMEs – require a highly personalised service underpinned by innovative banking solutions.
We support video games and immersive technology businesses by providing:
- Foreign exchange services to ensure inward investment – particularly from the US and Asia – can be quickly deployed in the UK.
- Support for international games and immersive technology firms to setup bank accounts for UK subsidiaries.
- Highly personalised services and an enviable network spanning television, film, and music to support cross-IP opportunities.
- Loan financing the expected video games tax credit.
Solutions to help you go further
Our aim is to be the best bank for client service in the media banking sector. Combining personalised service, sector expertise, and all the products and services you would expect from a leading commercial bank, we can help you go further.
- Manage your business finances from anywhere, at any time of day.
- View real-time account information including transactions, transfers, same-day sterling faster payments, future-dated faster payments, CHAPS payments, SEPA and international SWIFT payments.
- Connect to your dedicated Banking Support team via secure messaging.
- Faster payments can be made online or mobile 24/7.
- Total control over account access.
- Withdraw cash and make payments wherever Visa is accepted.
- Debit cards can be issued in sterling, euros or US dollar. Charge cards are issued in sterling only.
- Visa charge cards can be provided, allowing you to allocate individual spending limits to members of staff within your business.
- Our cards app lets you:
- Activate and put a temporary block on your cards.
- Set spend controls.
- Retrieve a PIN number.
- See real-time card transaction information.
- Full range of foreign currency accounts, generally set up by the next working day.
- Sterling or foreign currency of up to £5,000 delivered within 24 hours.
- In-house experts on exchange rates can support your budgeting process.
- Protection from exchange rate fluctuations, ensuring your profits are locked in.
- Deposit accounts, including competitive fixed-term deposits and notice accounts.
- Fixed deposits available in US dollar and euro for three months or more.
Commercial banking with us
Find out more about the details of our current and historic rates. You'll also find information on reference rates, VISA exchange rates and more. You can discuss any queries you have with your dedicated relationship manager.
However you choose to view your finances, our online facilities adapt to your desktop, tablet or smartphone requirements. Your Online Banking service provides access to your finances wherever you are.
Switching to Arbuthnot Latham couldn't be simpler with the Current Account Switch Service. Find out more with our Switch Service Guide and check if your current bank is part of the Switch Service.
Becoming a client
Take control of your finances today by completing our enquiry form. Alternatively, you can call us on the number below and one of our team will be more than happy to talk about your future.