Banking 101 -
What is Private Wealth Management?
Private wealth management is designed to help you get the most from your wealth today and in the future by responsibly structuring, preserving, and growing it in line with your goals and needs.
Whether planning for retirement or constructing an investment portfolio, private wealth managers can provide expert advice, tailored recommendations, and long-term relationships to help you achieve your goals.
Our Approach to Wealth Management
To create a personal wealth plan that serves you at various stages of your life, we begin by understanding more about you, your business, your lifestyle, and your financial needs.
This enables your dedicated wealth planner to develop a tailored strategy that considers your short- and long-term goals, while accounting for your current needs.
By planning today, you can protect, preserve, and grow your wealth, as well as plan for retirement, wealth transfers, legacy planning, and unexpected events, ensuring your family is taken care of, and your wealth is passed on in a tax-efficient way.
A wealth management offering includes:
- Wealth planning: A bespoke plan to help you achieve your financial objectives.
- Investment management: Understanding your risk appetite and investing your money with the aim of to help growth your wealth.
Creating Your Personal Wealth Plan
- Wealth protection: Achieve greater peace of mind during uncertain times. Wealth protection strategies (for example income protection) help you protect what matters most by putting the right contingency plans in place for you and your family and business.
- Wealth accumulation: Make the most of your wealth with tailored advice. Investment management can be an effective way to structure and grow your wealth by matching an investment strategy with your risk appetite. Access to our discretionary investment service helps you manage your investments.
- Wealth transfer: Estate planning is about enjoying your wealth today, while deciding who benefits when you are gone. A tailored wealth transfer plan ensures your financial needs are considered for today and that your assets are passed on to the right people at the right time.
- Business succession and continuity & planning: Ensuring your business and those linked to it are financially secure no matter what the future brings. Succession planning helps ensure business continuity in the face of unexpected events and a seamless transition when passing your company on to the next generation.
- Retirement planning: Deciding what a happy retirement looks like for you. Whether working, travelling, or spending time with those you love most, retirement planning ensures you have the financial freedom you deserve.
Thinking Long-Term with Investment Management
Our investment management team works with you to build an investment portfolio aligned to your risk appetite and preferences. Our investment managers continually review the markets and make regular tactical changes to portfolios in response to macroeconomic events, always with a focus of creating long-term value.
Uniquely to Arbuthnot Latham, our investment managers sit on our Investment Committee, which means you have direct access to those making investment decisions on your behalf.
What to Expect When you join us
- Your adviser will use a cashflow modelling tool to take stock of your income and expenditure over your lifetime. This can be amended to take account of ‘what if’ scenarios (e.g., what if I want to retire earlier/get a divorce) and is designed to identify and any excess and/or shortfall in your income against your needs.
- Once your cashflow is mapped out and opportunities are identified, your adviser will propose a wealth structuring plan based on your goals over time. This will be individual to you and your needs but will be designed with your goals and tax efficiency in mind.
- If your proposed plan includes investment solutions, you will be introduced to an investment manager who will be responsible for managing your investment portfolio(s).
- You will receive regular reviews from your adviser and/or investment manager. As and when your circumstances change, we will review your wealth management strategy to ensure it continues to align with your objectives.
Private Wealth Management Questions Answered
A: Private wealth management is a service which combines cashflow management, financial structuring, and investment management for individuals looking to make the most of their wealth. This allows you to manage your finances as efficiently as possible, aiming to give you the security and freedom you need both now and in the future.
A: Private wealth managers work with you to provide you with holistic , tailored wealth management strategies. Wealth Planners recommend the structures (ISA, offshore bond, WOL, SIPP etc.) and determine the risk you are able to take while the investment manager chooses the investments that fit that structure.
A: Private banking provides relationship banking. This means a dedicated Private Banker is responsible for your banking needs from day-to-day banking to long-term savings and lending needs. Wealth management combines strategies for growing, protecting, and passing on your wealth with investment management.
A: We are a holistic bank which offers private banking, wealth management and planning. This can benefit you in the following way:
- You will be looked after by a relationship team comprising a Private Banker and team, a Wealth Planner and an Investment Manager working together to help you go further and achieve your goals. A team who understands you.
- Your finances are managed in one place
- You benefit from a tax-efficient plan designed to meet your long-term needs and aligned to your risk appetite
- We offer regular reporting with the opportunity to speak to your relationship team about this
- You have access to expert insights and networking opportunities
Private Wealth Management Experts
Start planning for the future. Enquire about becoming an Arbuthnot Latham client and speak to one of our team members.
Further reading about Wealth Planning
Three of the most common wealth protection strategies and our advice on how to safeguard your wealth for generations to come.
Many businesses don’t have a succession plan in place and starting the process can be daunting. Find out how to take the first step with Arbuthnot Latham.
Regardless of the assets you plan to pass on, such as cash, property, or other valuables, you will need professional financial and legal support to help you establish the best strategy for your lifestyle and goals.
Becoming a client
Take control of your finances today by completing our enquiry form. Alternatively, you can call us on the number below and one of our team will be more than happy to talk about your future.
This communication should be considered a marketing communication. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. It is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice, a solicitation, recommendation or an offer to buy or sell any security or other investment or banking product or service. You should seek professional advice before making any investment decision. The value of investments, and the income from them can fall as well as rise, and may be affected by exchange rate fluctuations. Investors could get back less than they invest. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
The tax treatment of investments depends upon individual circumstances and may be subject to change.