Regulated Private Banking, Wealth Planning and Investment Management services from Arbuthnot Latham.
We speak your language
Wherever you are in the world, we can help you reach your goals. Based in the heart of the DIFC and regulated by Dubai Financial Services Authority, we support clients based throughout the Middle East region. So whether you are local to the GCC or are an expat who now considers the Middle East home, we can help.
By spending time getting to know you, your unique circumstances and plans for the future, our expert team can help build a plan designed to help you make the most of your time here, and support you as you transition back home, or to your next destination.
We have booking capabilities in London and Jersey, giving you some flexibility in terms of where you wish to hold your assets.
Based in Dubai and with offices throughout the UK means it’s simple for you to transition your finances whether you’re moving to – or from – the Middle East. As well as helping you make the most of the tax advantages the Middle East offers, we can help across a variety of services areas to ensure your wealth is managed both efficiently and effectively whilst you are living and working abroad.
Our approach is built around your requirements, combining a single point of contact for private banking and wealth management, with specialist industry and sector expertise at your disposal when your circumstances change.
How we can help
A team with experience of dealing with multicultural and multilingual clients
- Multi-currency accounts including US dollars, Euro, Sterling, Emirati dirham and Bahraini dinar
- Treasury services including foreign exchange trading
- Multi-currency lending options including expat mortgages
- Access to our Wealth Management services including investment management solutions, life insurance and wealth planning advice
- Range of investment options including regular saving investment portfolios
- Support with the consolidation of UK wrappers, ISA’s and Pensions
Homecoming and Repatriation services
Moving countries can be a daunting prospect, especially if you have been away from your home country for many years. This is often compounded by numerous considerations that you have to take into account, particularly if you are moving from a tax free jurisdiction to one that is not. We understand the complexities involved with a move of country/jurisdiction and look to help by providing a Homecoming Service to all our Expat clients who decide to repatriate. Below are some considerations to think about, and we would encourage you to speak to your Private Banker as soon as you know you may be moving home.
- Split tax year considerations
- Moving home on or after April 6th could simplify matters
- Providing us will as much notice as possible so to ensure there is a proper plan in place prior to your move home
- Conversion of existing cash reserves back to home currency
- Payment of End of Service Gratuity lump sum
- Taking advantage of our In-house Treasury team to move money between accounts easily and competitively
- Tailored FX strategies
- FX forwards
- Working closely with your tax advisor to ensure your finances are structured in the most efficient and effective way prior to your move
- Introduction to one of our Chartered Wealth Planners who can assist with structuring of assets and establish a tailored wealth plan
- We want to ensure service levels remain high and so we will always make an introduction to a Private Banker who may be better geographically placed to service your needs
- Transition to a UK Investment Manager who will assist with on-going suitability
- We appreciate that obtaining financing as an expat is not always straightforward, and we can assist with the purchase of the family home prior to your move
- Clients can benefit from our comprehensive lending proposition for either their residential or BTL property purchases
- Moving home need not just to be about the financial considerations. We can also help with a recommendation to moving and freight companies to assist with the transportation of your personal belongings