During recent months, the FCA have launched a ScamSmart campaign offering investors guidance on how to be more vigilant when it comes to investment opportunities.
- Reject any unsolicited contact about investment opportunities.
- Check the FCA warning list
- Get impartial advice
For more information, please visit: http://scamsmart.fca.org.uk/
- Never disclose security details, such as your PIN or full banking password.
- Don’t assume an email, text or phone call is authentic.
- Don’t be rushed – a genuine organisation won’t mind waiting.
- Listen to your instincts – you know if something doesn’t feel right.
- Stay in control – don’t panic and make a decision you’ll regret.